Monday, October 14, 2013

changing times record shots

30 years ago I was over the moon when I found a Red-breasted Flycatcher and a Siberian Chiffchaff in a day in Lincolnshire; but how times change and we have come to expect scarce and even some rare birds and to crave for a rarer find on day like today -- an aspect of the presentation I am preparing on 45 years of Lincolnshire birding -- anyway some record shots from today; we found a first-winter Bluethroat, arguably now a rarer bird than a bluetail but I know which I would have rather found, saw 2 / 3 Great Grey Shrikes, Firecrest, male Hen Harrier, ouzels, Siberian Chiffchaff, a cracking male Red-breasted Flycatcher, heard a Dusky Warbler, stood next to a Long-eared Owl and ended up with a Yellow-browed and a Pallas's Warbler and yet still came away feeling that we had somehow missed out on something -- birding, its a funny game



















No comments: